The research does not proof the assumption of space size - amount of users to be correct.
There were only 2 examples where the tendency was going in one direction more than in the other. Those were location1 during the day and location3 during the night.
However, they are many ways in which the research could have been improved, so that the results would show more polar tendencies, which would be easier to evaluate.
The problems of the research were:
- The method of 3D photography does not reflect the real feeling of the space and makes it hard to capture the movement of the people.
- Because the panoramas were sometimes blury due to technology limitation, people filling the survey (70% from Warsaw) were judging the space basing on the personal assocciations of the space rather than material provided. That could have been observed in the location1 - Rondo Dmowskiego.
- Although there were some directions how to judge the space (basing on the amount of users), people questioned mostly judged it on the condition of the space or amount of light on the picture. For example unsued space of Pasaz Wiecha was said to be safe, probably basing on the good condition of the newly renowated site and the big amount of light during the night.
- People examined were identifing a lot going on around Rondo Dmowskiego. They think it is safe, although overcrowded.
- The survey showed that people feel safe in the housing areas on the left bank of the river in the north and south (for example Goclaw).
- The Safe housing ares are surrounding the place which is identified as the most unsafe space - Praga. Polar tendencies typical for the big city. Safe districts surrendered by unsafe ones.
- Asforementioned, the not used enough spaces are liniear: Vistula River or Aleje Jerozolimskie and overused spaces are centric: Rondo Dmowskiego or Dworzec Centralny - Zlote tarasy.
- Many places unused or overused are both safe; for example underused Old Town and overused Rondo Dmowskiego are both safe in the opinion of questioned people.
- People judge space basing mostly on the condition of the space, amount of light and personal assocciations.
- No general relation between amount of users and space can be identified with 3D photography technology.
- Warsaw has no liniar continiuity, it is based on points were people gather.